BOOST YOUR RF TRANSMISSION FOR UNMATCHED SATCOM PERFORMANCE
Lightweight, flexible Sunshade dielectric material protects your satellite communication devices and space components for maximum solar reflectivity, transmittance, ESD protection and thermal control.
Common multi-layer insulation (MLI) materials for space-borne platforms contain layers that attenuate the signal and lower data rates.
DSI’s proprietary Sunshade material is a multi-layer dielectric thin-film stack deposited onto Kapton™ film, which lowers solar heat loading while maximizing reflectance, transmittance, and electro-static dissipation, enabling your spaceborne systems to communicate with unlimited bandwidth.
Sunshade is lightweight and flexible, giving you the freedom to design your system without sacrificing performance. It is an ideal choice for thermal protection, ESD control and performance of satellite radomes and antennas.
- All-dielectric construction in a single ply
- High reflectance and transmittance
- Low solar heat gain, low insertion loss
- Flexible and formable, covers simple to complex shapes
- Tuned for Air Mass Zero (AM0) solar irradiation
- Resistant to oxidation in Atomic Oxygen (AO) rich environments
We’ve been producing Sunshade for over 20 years. Customization is available. Spectral properties can be customized in the VIS, NIR and MWIR ranges.
See if Sunshade is the solution for your spaceborne application.
- Unlimited data rate communications
- ESD protection
- Design freedom
- Thermal Control
- Low risk
- Standard or Customizable
- LEO, MEO, GEO
- Flight proven in extreme environments